There are a lot of different problems with carburetors on the "vases". And one of them is the high fuel consumption of the VAZ 2109 (carburetor).
Well, if it so happens that you find such a problem in the operation of your car, it means that the carburetor adjustment of the VAZ 2109 is required.
There are some good videos on the net with recommendations on this topic. Here are some of them:
About fuel consumption VAZ 2109 (carburetor):
and separately about the high fuel consumption of the VAZ 2109 (Solex carburetor):
What to do if your car began to "eat" a lot more fuel than usual? Experts and car enthusiasts have a few solutions to this question.
There is a simple way - the replacement of jets. They can be installed from the car VAZ 2108 with an engine capacity of 1.3 or 1.1. How this is a justified decision - to judge you. Indeed, in this case, the power will noticeably decrease.
The second option that often helps is cleaning the carburetor VAZ 2109. Sometimes problems with fuel consumption are due to the fact that the carburetor is clogged with dirty gasoline. So, if you have a VAZ 2109 fuel consumption, the carburetor has seriously grown, it is worth washing and cleaning the carburetor.
Check and, if necessary, replace the spark plugs. Sometimes, they can work "through time." This also leads to increased fuel consumption.
And here is a list of reasons that can lead to a large fuel consumption of the VAZ 2109 carburetor:
- Incorrect cylinder pressure. On the "Nine" it should be 9.9 kg / cm2.
- Violations in the engine cooling system. This can lead to an increase in friction, which, in turn, leads to fuel consumption up to 30%.
- Ignition timing setting is incorrect.
- Impaired tightness in one of the elements of the fuel system. This can lead to overflow in the carburetor.
- Next come the problems with the suspension system. These are not completely disinhibited wheels, constricted wheel bearings, lack of tire pressure.
- Wrong candles and the gaps between them.
- Violations in the work of the vacuum regulator timing.
To learn how to reduce the fuel consumption of a VAZ 2109 carburetor, you need to determine the cause by finding one of the options described above.
For those who do not know, we give the average fuel consumption for the car VAZ 2109 (Lada Samara). With the engine installed, the volume of 1.3 liters and the four-stage box, the car consumes 5.9 liters of gasoline at a speed of 90 kilometers per hour, for every hundred kilometers of the way along the highway. At a speed of 120 kilometers per hour, the flow rate rises to 8.4 liters per 100 km. When driving in the city consumption of 7.5 liters per 100 kilometers.
For the "Nine" with a five-speed gearbox figures are:
- On the highway, at a speed of 90km / h - 5.7 liters per hundred,
- On the highway, 120 km / h - 7.8 l / 100 kilometers.
- In the city to 8.6 liters. per hundred km.