A hybrid car is an ordinary car that is equipped with an internal combustion engine and an electric motor. An additional engine reduces fuel consumption. Both engines in the car Toyota have their advantages and disadvantages. The 3rd generation hybrid Toyota allows you to charge the battery from fuel. In the 4th charge can be supplied through the outlet. This solution reduces fuel consumption on the road.
The low percentage of fuel use is the main argument when buying a Toyota hybrid car. However, if you are an ordinary driver who does not make a living by passenger traffic or the delivery of any goods, the purchase of a hybrid will pay off, but not quickly. Many prefer trips at high speeds than the Toyota hybrid can not boast.
Advantages of buying a Toyota hybrid car?
- Fewer manipulations, and therefore, increased concentration on the road;
- comfortable control at the start, almost like with a box machine;
- no sudden deceleration or deceleration;
- lack of noise and vibration in the cabin;
- no need for a gearbox;
- smooth movement without jerks;
- high fuel economy.
Are there any downsides?
Unfortunately there is:
- Electric motor batteries are not able to withstand high temperatures;
- recycling an old battery is often a problem, since it is not clear how they affect the environment. By the way, such batteries have a useful life of about 5 - 6 years.
If it so happened that, by the nature of the activity, the driver has to wind hundreds of kilometers every day, then the purchase of a Toyota hybrid car is definitely profitable. Well, if the answer to the question whether it is worth buying a hybrid Toyota car to an ordinary car enthusiast, the answer is unequivocal - it is worth it, if funds allow. Such a car can be a bargain if the driver will only use the electric motor and keep the fuel as far as possible. ICE in small steps loses its position, of course, the future for electric motors.See also: Replacing the diesel particulate filter