At the end of autumn 2017, the oldest American car manufacturer Ford presented a new generation of Expedition 2018 SUVs (below) to customers — even faster, more spacious, reliable and comfortable. The Expedition is the largest SUV produced by Ford. He took this position after the production of another famous giant, Excursion, was stopped in 2005.
Total line Ford Expedition has four generations of cars:
- The first, which was produced from 1997 to 2002, was made on the Ford U platform and was an upgrade of the highly outdated two-door Bronco model. Throughout the first-generation Expedition production, Ford never managed to solve the problem of interruptions in the internal wiring of cars. As a result, after a decade from the start of production, the company was forced to withdraw a large batch of products for revision. In 1998 and 2000 there were two large-scale restyling cars. During the first Ford Expedition became a little longer and more powerful (new gasoline engines of 4.6 and 5.4 liters gave out 230 and 260 horsepower, respectively, which was almost a record for those times). As a result of the second restyling, the length of the body again decreased, and the appearance due to the “face lift” became more lean.
- The second generation Ford Expedition, produced from 2003 to 2006, took over all the key features of the first: a four-speed automatic transmission, powerful engines and a trim appearance. Even the platform has remained the same. Despite the fairly quickly corrected problems with all-wheel drive and rear suspension, the new model confidently won the competition for the best SUV in the nomination “Family cars”. A little later, the Expedition of the second generation entered the list of the 20 best-selling cars of 2003. Not without the next restyling: in 2005, Ford again extended the body of an SUV, and the new engine had a capacity of 300 horsepower. Undoubtedly, tire pressure sensors and an innovative system that prevents cars from overturning have become useful innovations. The problem with Ford’s wiring was never resolved, which was the reason for the recall of the second generation Expedition and the most extensive research work in the company's history.
- The third generation Expedition, produced from 2007 to 2017, received an updated six-speed automatic transmission and a 3.5-liter engine. Simultaneously with the release of the main model of the SUV, customers were offered the EL Expedition version with an elongated body (more than 5 m 62 cm). The problem with the wiring has been completely fixed: Ford Expedition has repeatedly won the title of the most reliable SUV.
- In an effort to pleasantly surprise old customers and attract new ones, Ford does not stop there. The fourth generation Expedition (photo below), while retaining all the recognizable features of an SUV that is beloved by drivers from all over the world, will differ:
- more spacious and comfortable passenger compartment;
- enhanced security;
- reliability and power of the engine;
- excellent cross;
- improved appearance.
The Ford Expedition 2018 will suit any driver who values comfort and the ability to completely trust his SUV. And thanks to the spacious cabin, the Expedition is the ideal solution for family outing trips: in such a car, the children will not get tired even after the longest journey.
Configuration and prices for Expedition 2018
The price of the simplest version, a rear-wheel drive 2018 Expedition, is supposedly $ 48,000 with no dealer markup. The cost of a car with an improved configuration, of course, will be higher - accurate data is not yet available.
Since it will be impossible to buy an SUV in Russia in the near future, there is not much point in recounting the cost of the Ford Expedition 2018 for rubles: Ford fans who want to buy a new SUV at any price will have to deal with an American dealership.
Ford Expedition 2018 — видео