Замена резины является необходимой и ответственной процедурой, поскольку от нее в значительной степени зависит наша безопасность. Большинство автомобилистов умеют менять колеса, однако, о том, how to properly store tires on wheels и без дисков в определенное время года знают не все.
- 1 General principles
- 2 Storage details of winter tires
- 3 Features of storage
- 4 How to store summer tires in winter
Tires should not just wallow anywhere. Before you send rubber for storage, you should clean it of dirt and gravel, as well as carry out appropriate labeling. For example, the front left bus can be marked as submarine, and on the back right leave the inscription ZP. This will not confuse the tires and, if necessary, swap the rear and front wheels. These actions help balance tire wear.
It is better to store tires in a dark room.
Rubber must be stored in a cool, dark room with a low moisture level. It is necessary to completely protect the wheels from ingress of petroleum products and fats, since these substances reduce the overall life of the tires. Then the question of how the rubber will be stored, with or without discs, should be solved. For the first case it is strictly forbidden to put tires vertically. Usually the wheels are hung or laid horizontally on a wooden pallet. If the rubber will be saved separately from the disks, then you should choose a place where tires can be put vertically. In this case, it must be remembered that the tires should be rotated about once a month to prevent deformation.
Storage details of winter tires
It should be noted that November 15 is considered the last day when you can use summer tires. Before the onset of this point, each driver must resolve the issue of their own safety and change tires. After all, in winter it is very important to confidently control the movement of the car. After inspecting the winter set of rubber at the end of the next season, you should evaluate the possibility of its further use. If protectors or spikes are erased, then you can safely get rid of tires and buy new ones. Never worth the risk. If the rubber is fresh and not worn out, then it is left for the next season.
Rules for storing rubber on disks
As mentioned earlier, in the first stage, the tires are washed and dried well. Professionals advise to store tires on disks in a horizontal position with a stack. This design takes up little space and eliminates the risk of damage to the wheels from contact with other objects. Likewise, tires cannot be stored without wheels. In this case, the rubber can be deformed and jammed, and if the room is too dry, there will be a chance of cracking. It is best to save tires vertically.See also: Which is better in winter: Velcro or spikes
Some auto parts stores sell special crates for rubber storage. However, it is worth knowing that they are not suitable for storing winter tires. In summer, the temperature in a closed space can reach 70 degrees, which contributes to the deformation of the tire. Any temperature changes contribute to the change of the tread pattern, reduce the softness of the rubber, thereby deteriorating the quality of adhesion of the wheel to the road surface. Moreover, winter tires are much softer than summer tires.
Rules for storing rubber without discs
Features of storage
The main list of requirements for the place of storage of rubber is as follows:
- temperature. Store tires must be in a temperature range from 0 to + 25 degrees. Violation of a given interval can contribute to changes in the characteristics and properties of rubber. The ideal temperature is +15 degrees;
- humidity. This indicator should be constantly monitored in the designated storage area for tires, which will eliminate the possibility of undesirable condensation. It should exclude any possibility of rain, snow or other precipitation on rubber;
- lighting. The wheels must be in a dark room, which guarantees them high-quality protection from direct sunlight and strong illumination;
- freedom of storage. Tires should be positioned loosely. It is required to exclude any external load, since deformation is possible;
- protection from substances. It is necessary to completely protect the rubber from contact with oils, greases and solvents. You also need to make sure that there is no equipment that can release ozone near the storage site (this could be a fluorescent lamp);
- mechanical damage. Do not allow the fall of rubber from a height of more than one and a half meters. Such an event will lead to deformation of the side rings and tires will have to be completely changed.
Proper storage of winter tires will help to avoid unexpected costs and other troubles.
How to store summer tires in winter
Among car owners there is a perception that the storage conditions for summer and winter tires are no different, but this is a delusion. We will try to describe in more detail. In the process of rubber production, special materials are used that allow winter tires not to crack during severe frost, and summer tires do not melt in the heat. It turns out that the storage period poses a risk of damage, since conditions are not optimal for the operation of tires.
To protect tires from chemicals, you can pack them in tight plastic bags.
Professionals recommend to follow the following rules for quality care for summer tires:
- One of the main negative factors in the storage of summer rubber is exposure to direct sunlight. To prevent such an effect, you should pack the tires in special sealed bags made of polyethylene. This simple method will protect the rubber from oil and solvents;
- Experts advise to use special means of conservation for summer tires. The application of only 1-2 layers of this substance to the surface will reliably protect the tires from the negative influence of the external environment.
Recommendations on the location of winter tires are suitable for the summer set:
- store tires without discs need to be in a vertical position and once a month to turn it over a quarter turn. Such actions allow to exclude the possibility of deformation of the tire and keep its shape;
- tires on disks put a pile. The need to turn the wheels is missing.
В целом seasonal tire storage процедура достаточно простая и понятная. Но бывают ситуации, когда нет возможности найти соответствующее всем требованиям место для хранения. Тогда лучше воспользоваться услугами специализированных фирм. Покрышки можно оставить и на любимом автосервисе. Следить за резиной будут настоящие профессионалы, хотя это и будет стоить определенной суммы денег.