BMW 5 G30 - this is the 7th generation of the legendary BMW 5-ki. The sale of this car in Russia will start from February 11, 2017, the basic equipment will cost about 3,135,000 rubles, there are 4 options in the engine range, power ranges from 190 to 340 liters. with. The car has a new iDrive and a great many modern helpers for the driver.
After the F10, the G30 succeeded, because the time had come for something new. Moreover, a new BMW 7-ka recently came out, which demonstrated that a lot of new and interesting things have appeared, it is time to apply all these innovations on the younger brother - 5-ke. Competitors are also not asleep, the Mercedes has an E-class, which is no worse, Audi also releases a new A6 in 2017. Therefore, there is plenty to choose from.
All these cars are equipped with modern high technologies, before all these functions could only be dreamed of, now it is a common thing. Now, even appeared intellectual cruise control, which is partially an autopilot. But still, you have to keep your hands close to the wheel. Soon everything will come to the fact that the car itself will go, and the owner with the passenger will be able to stay in the rear seats and rest. But so far there is no such thing, and you have to sit behind the wheel and enjoy driving a car with excellent dynamics and handling. In the car, a new design, both inside and outside, there is a massage, comfortable seats, many features that will not let you get bored at the wheel.
Compared with the previous generation, there is more space in the rear seats, better insulation. For those who love massage, you can install extra comfortable chairs with 8 massage programs for an extra charge.
The new BMW seats are adjusted by touch buttons, which has become even more comfortable. The quality of the cabin is the same as in the new BMW 7-series, that is, high. The designers of the salon combined the sporting qualities of a sports car and the elegance of a representative car. In the F10, the salon also combined all of this, it just evolved.
As usual, the materials here are of high quality, every detail is thought out, the cabin is spacious. In the rear seats, three people can fit comfortably, there is a 2-zone climate control. So, in the car it is comfortable both to the driver, and passengers.
Modern technologies have moved from the BMW 7-bit, and in the more expensive models of the 5th series, there are even more functions than in the 7th BMW. Active cruise control is good here - it can drive a car at a speed of 210 km / h without driver participation, it tracks the distance to the cars in front and avoids collisions with them.Recommended article: Not everyone will be able to do serious tuning of the VAZ 2105 with their own hands.
There is a Start Stop system, which has already been finalized and it has a lot of modes of operation, which the system chooses itself depending on the situation. Of course, this is annoying for many, but you can get used to it. And the system now does not always jam the engine when the car stopped.
Now it is possible to control many functions using gestures in the same way as in the seventh series. Only in the top five, the gesture system has been updated a little. The display here is 10.25-inch, it is touch-sensitive, and it can also be controlled by the iDrive controller, gestures, voice and buttons on the steering wheel.
In the car there are 6 places where you can recharge the phone wireless charging. You can also park the car remotely with a key.
Voice control in the car is called Intelligent Voice Assistant. True, the system does not yet recognize the Russian language, but in the future, perhaps the Germans will correct this situation. Ideally, the driver may ask a type question, where is the nearest nightclub here, and this place will be displayed on the navigator. Then turn on the cruise control and the car itself goes there. It seems to be convenient. Or even more simply - you say you went to the Forsazh nightclub and the car immediately goes. You come there and you don’t even need to meet anyone, the girls jump into the car themselves and ask to spend the evening with you.
The car began to weigh 100 kg. less than its predecessor, because it uses the new CLAR (Cluster Architecture) platform. The body has become lighter thanks to carbon fiber, aluminum and high-strength steel. Fuel consumption has decreased, the dynamics and control have become better.
New auxiliary systems in the car became a lot, here are some of them:
- Active Anti-Roll Stabilization - when cornering aligns the car so that it does not heel;
- Dynamic Cruise Control - modern cruise control;
- Lane Keeping Assistant is a feature that tracks lane change.
If you turn on the autopilot, it can change its trajectory itself, increase or decrease the speed, and the speed can be very high - 210 km / h, in the E-Class Mercedes, too, all this is possible, but only at speeds up to 120 km / h.
The key to the car is also big and serious, the same as in the seven - with a display. It can control the functions of the car at a distance, you can also display any information of interest. There was a security system Remote View 3D, which allows you to look at your car from the screen of the owner's smartphone.Recommended article: Audi Q5: before and after restyling. What has changed in the new Q5?
LED headlights are already in the basic configuration, and for those who want more - you can put adaptive headlights. The car has four-wheel drive, the rear wheels roll up on bends, which allows even at high speed to easily enter the turn.
In the new generation of the BMW 5th series, the front and rear suspension was modified, so now the steering has become even better, the response is noticeable during abrupt maneuvers. And the stability on the road has become better. There is also air suspension, which provides even more comfort, it has also been modified.
For starters, 4 engines will be available: 2 diesel and 2 petrol. Petrol - 530i and 540i, and diesel - 520d and 530d. A manual 6-speed gearbox is installed in the budget package 520d, and in all other configurations there is a Steptronic automatic transmission with 8 speeds. Initially, the car rear wheel drive, but as an option it can be made all-wheel drive.
A couple of months after the release of the BMW 5-ki, the hybrid version of the 530E iPerformance will appear in the new body, it will have a 4-cylinder gasoline engine, working together with an electric motor. The total power, according to tradition, will be great. Together with the hybrid version will present the top-end equipment M550i xDrive with a V8 engine, all-wheel drive and a capacity of 462 liters. with. And in early 2018, the M5, the most charged version of 5, will also be released. It will also have four-wheel drive, a biturbo-engine with a volume of 4.4 liters and a capacity of 630 liters. with.
Prices and configuration
The most budget version 520d will cost about 3 150 000 rubles. But there will be a manual gearbox, and if you order an automatic machine as an option, the price will increase by 2,000 euros. The price is about the same as the new Mercedes E-class, which is a 194-strong diesel with a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Available configuration already in February 2017:
- BMW 530i, engine capacity - 2 liters (4 cylinders), power - 252 liters. with. Torque - 350 Nm., Available already at 1450 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 5.4 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 6.2 seconds.
- BMW 540i, engine capacity - 3 liters (6 cylinders), power - 340 liters. with. Torque - 450 Nm., Available already at 1380 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 6.5 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.1 seconds.
- BMW 520d, diesel version, engine capacity - 2 liters (4 cylinders), power - 190 liters. with. Torque - 400 Nm., Available at 1750 rpm. Combined cycle fuel consumption - 4.1 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 7.6 seconds.
- BMW 530d, diesel version, engine capacity - 3 liters (6 cylinders), power - 265 liters. with. Torque - 620 Nm., Available at 2000 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 4.5 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.7 seconds.
Configurations that will be available from March 2017:
- BMW 530e iPerformance: 2-liter gasoline engine and electric motor, total power - 252 l. with. Torque - 420 Nm., Available at 1450 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 2.0 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 6.2 seconds.
- BMW 520d EfficientDynamics Edition: diesel version, engine capacity - 2 liters (4 cylinders), power - 190 liters. with. Torque - 400 Nm., Available at 1750 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 3.9 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 7.5 seconds.
- BMW M550i xDrive: engine capacity - 4.4 liters (8 cylinders), power - 462 liters. with. Torque - 650 Nm., Available at 2000 rpm. Fuel consumption in the combined cycle - 8.9 liters per 100 km. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 4 seconds.
Next, the film with the new BMW 5-series in the back of the G30: