Legal formalities can confuse motorists with different levels of training. After the introduction of a temporary driver's license, the question of whether it is necessary to change insurance when replacing the rights remains topical for many.
It is necessary to comply with these rules not only to provide valid documents to the inspector for verification, but also to settle the nuances with insurance companies. The latter can create difficulties with payments in case of an accident.
- 1 Change of policy
- 2 Timing and alert situations
- 3 Additional Information
- 4 Change of policy
Change of policy
When signing an agreement with the insurance company, both parties are responsible for its compliance in equal measure. The legal entity is obliged to compensate for the resulting damage during the incident, and the driver must submit the actual information to the insurer. This will ensure the availability of correct data in the company's databases.
If the driver receives a new license, then it will have another series and number. When reconciling it with the policy, in the compensation for an accident in this situation may be denied. Also, the driver may lose the cumulative bonus provided for a long experience. Guided by these consequences, the driver, who has changed the rights, does not know what to do with the insurance, is simply obliged to provide the insurers with an updated certificate. At the same time, the new contract is not signed.
Timing and alert situations
Contact the companies that have issued CTP, you need to with such cases:
- changed the list of drivers who are allowed to drive this vehicle;
- there was a replacement certificate;
- changed the period of operation of the vehicle;
- after purchasing the CTP, the owner of the car changed, and if you change the number of the car within three days (working days), you will need to contact for a correction in the database on the car.
However, there are certain limitations that do not allow changing information in such cases:
- one car is issued for each car, and it will not work for another car;
- the expiration date of the contract is not subject to change;
- the company with which the policy was made does not change.
You need to know that the adjustment by employees of the company should be made to the database on the day of the car owner's request.
In the document itself there is a separate column for special marks. Her agent has the right to fill and certify the data with a seal. It is obligatory to indicate the date and time of making a mark.
In cases where it is necessary to physically replace the policy, it is allowed to extend the operation by two working days. For five working days, the update is carried out with a single PCA database.
It is assumed that in the new driver's license will be the number of the previous document. This will simplify the issues that arise with policies.
According to the rules of OSAGO, a company may accept a payment from a car owner for data correction.
Change of policy
Mandatory document for obtaining damages in an accident is the policy of CTP. Without a properly filled out and valid document, you cannot drive a vehicle. This is an administrative violation and is punishable by a fine.
If you need to get a certified duplicate document, then there must be good reasons for this:
- physical damage;
- theft or loss;
- change of name (required supporting documents from the registry office or other bodies, for example, marriage certificate);
- while adding one or more drivers (the service is paid).
When he changed the rights, whether it is necessary to change the insurance, the drivers think about it when they are stopped by the inspector. But in this situation, the traffic police officer will be entitled to punish the car owner.