Safety on the road in modern conditions is controlled in various ways. It is especially important to keep records in the field of transportation of passengers cargo. For these purposes, special devices - tachographs are used. They are mounted in trucks and buses to read and write current vehicle data.
An additional element of such a control system is a special card. It is personalized and designed to identify one employee using this TS. We will understand where to get a driver card for a tachograph, and what it is.
- 1 The need for a controlling system
- 2 Driver card for tachograph, what is it?
- 3 Need for a map
- 4 What does the identifier and its standards look like?
- 5 Issuance of driver cards
The need for a controlling system
The main task, which was solved with the introduction of tachographs, was to reduce the number of accidents involving heavy vehicles. The presence of such a device encourages the driver to adhere to traffic rules, since all his actions are recorded in the memory of a special storage device.
An employee of a car company who has a tachograph card is constantly monitored while driving. The risk of situations with a violation of the speed limit or changing the time allotted for rest is significantly reduced.
Important! A tired driver drives a car in a less safe mode, as his reaction speed is lower, attention is dispersed, concentration is lost, which can lead to undesirable consequences.
In the event of a traffic accident, guilt or innocence can be proved with the help of built-in automatic monitoring devices. Even in court, the data of such devices are accepted as legal testimony.
Driver card for tachograph, what is it?
Transport enterprises operating in our country are obliged to use special devices to identify the driver. With such means the personal card of the driver for the tachograph is connected. It is personalized and can only be used by one person. Thus, the system recognizes who is at a particular moment behind the wheel. There are several types of such cards:
- For the driver. Identifies the person driving the vehicle. The data stores information about actions in the last 28 days.
- For the workshop. Authentication of the repair site or the company conducting the work with the adjustment or restoration of the tachograph is carried out. There is no personification in the card.
- For the enterprise. A non-personalized map is used to collect and retrieve general data that the embedded device accumulates. It restricts or gives access to driver cards.
- For the controller. Demanded by the regulatory authorities to obtain the necessary information to the identified and authenticated employee.
In accordance with the card located in the slot, one of the operating modes of the tachograph is used.
Need for a map
The information received from the systems and components of the car is recorded on digital media embedded in the tachograph. To read and print data you need to access. What is the driver card for? That it allows you to display data for users. This guarantees blocking and non-interference in the operation of third-party devices. Data relating to a trade secret or other party that does not need to be disclosed remains confidential.
Before driving, the driver must insert a personal card into the slot. It is received by each employee of the automobile enterprise connected with long-distance transportation of goods and passengers. Using someone else's smart card is strictly prohibited.
What does the identifier and its standards look like?
Разбираясь, What is a driver card for a tachograph, необходимо иметь о ней визуальное представление. Внешне она представляет собой классическую пластиковую карточку размером с пластиковый техпаспорт или права. В нее встроен специальный чип, на который загружается информация для аутентификации водителя. Каждая карта имеет уникальный идентификационный номер. В соответствии с используемыми считывающими аппаратами выпускаются типы карт:
- AETR is a universal standard used in the European Union;
- SKZI - the system uses cryptographic protection of information;
- Without the use of SKZI.
The first type is in demand for international transport. In them, Cyrillic characters are duplicated in Latin. For the second type, only Cyrillic is relevant and a PIN code is used. The European and Russian standards are not combined, as they have different coding of chips.
Within Russia, the relevance of the AETR standard for long-distance transport is relevant until the beginning of 2018. After that, the standard is valid only for those who have received a license for international transport.
Issuance of driver cards
Before you make a driver card for a tachograph, you need to know who is entitled to receive it. There are several similar criteria:
- the driver must have one of the following categories in the certificate: C, D, E;
- to manage the relevant transport, an employee of the enterprise turned 21 years old (cars up to and above 7.5 tons) or 18 years old (cars of the corresponding class up to 3.5 tons);
- for passenger transport, the driver must be at least 21 years old and have a certain trouble-free experience;
- issuance is carried out in the absence of another card.
Mandatory conditions include the need to stay in Russia for 185 days for each calendar year. The validity of the cards is 3 years. You can download a sample application for issuing a card or its reissuance on our website via the link.
To obtain the necessary smart card, you need to apply with the organization that is authorized to conduct such issuances. A legal entity must have all permissions and necessary documents from the relevant structures, including a certificate from the FSB, which allows for the transfer of cryptographic tools. The obligations of the driver who applies for the production of plastic, include:
- fulfillment of the requirements established by the AETR on the veracity of information contained on digital media;
- ensuring the conditions and timing of the card;
- observance of the ban on transferring the carrier to third parties from the time of receipt until its return;
- It is necessary to return the card to the issuing authority if circumstances arise in which it cannot be used for its intended purpose.
Chip cards are replaced in the following cases:
- the expiration date set upon release of the carrier has expired;
- defects have appeared where it is impossible to continue using plastic
- the card is intermittent;
- there was a theft or loss of a card;
- Changed the personal data of the owner.
Important! When changing a driver's license there is no need to replace the driver’s smart card.
The organization that issued the card has the right to suspend its validity in the following cases:
- fake original copy;
- persons who do not have this right have used plastic;
- Card received on the basis of false data or false documents.
When conditions occur under which a card cannot be used, an example is a transition to another enterprise, the driver must pass an old card to the issuing organization.