An ambiguous attitude towards tuning the air system is formed by car enthusiasts seeking to get the most from their car. This is due to the installation of such an element as the air filter of zero resistance (VFNS). Unlike professional athletes, who unequivocally relate to such details, amateurs did not reach a consensus.
- 1 What is WFNS and why is it needed?
- 2 Recommendations for the preliminary preparation of cars
- 3 Positive and negative aspects of the installation of zero filters
- 4 Difference between normal and zero filters
- 5 Maintenance of zero resistance filters
- 6 Self-made filter
What is WFSA and why is it needed?
The name itself speaks about the functions of the product. In fact, according to manufacturers, it minimizes the resistance of the air entering the engine to form an air-fuel mixture. Due to its design, the amount of air increases, and with it increases the mass of oxygen supplied. The meaning of the installation of this unit is to increase the power of the vehicle.
It is believed that nulevik gives an increase of about 5-7% of power. In terms of the average car, you get about 5 hp
It is unlikely that such a parameter can be called significant. Not all experienced drivers will be able to feel such an increase. Therefore, the main buyers of new items are representatives of the younger generation of car owners. Most often, the device equip machines of domestic manufacturers.
Recommendations for the preliminary preparation of cars
Installation VFSA is usually carried out during the tuning of the power plant. Because the filter without preparing the motor will not bring the desired effect. It is recommended to put a straight-through exhaust, and only then mount the nulevik. Additionally, the throttle valve is changed to a more powerful one. Also, the “brains” are being reflashed under the updated design.
As a result of the work done, one can hope that the additional five horses will increase to capacity.
Variety of filter shapes
After performing such manipulations, the sound made by the engine will change a little. A solid motor bass can entertain young drivers' pride, and will highlight the automobile “voice” in the traffic flow.
Positive and negative sides of zero filter installation
In every case there are positive and negative consequences. Let's try to evaluate the pros and cons of the zero resistance filter installed in the car.See also: Correct running in of a new car with automatic transmission and manual transmission
- increase the power of the car, when carrying out additional work with the exhaust system;
- new, more "solid" sound from the engine compartment;
- an updated look of the engine compartment, styled as a sports car.
- regular maintenance of the installed filter is necessary;
- cheap non-branded filters conduct poor-quality air purification, which negatively affects the operation of engine oil; it becomes dirty, and this leads to disastrous consequences with the engine as a whole.
The difference between normal and zero filters
The performance of air cleaning by nulevik directly depends on its structural features. Standard air filters are made of obviously dense materials. Due to this, they qualitatively clean the air supplied to the system from various polluting particles of dust and debris. But this results in significant air resistance due to the high density of the filtering layers.
The difference between the filters
Zero filters are based on cotton fabric. An additional deterrent to garbage is a special fabric impregnation. Thanks to this design, small particles of dust and dirt do not penetrate into the motor, but remain outside the filter.
In fact, cleaning occurs by sticking debris, while the air does not interfere with anything else.
This design does not create 100% cleaning. Also, if you do not clean the filter in time, there will be more negative than positive from this installation.
Service filters zero resistance
After installing nulevik need to take care of it. It is required to carry out the washing and impregnation of the filter with a certain fixed frequency mileage. For impregnation, a special liquid is used, which is purchased separately.
Skipping service is not worth it, otherwise the car will worsen its power characteristics, and significantly increased fuel consumption.
The order of service is as follows:
- the filter must be removed from the car, then a soft nap brush or a brush with non-rigid bristles will remove visible dust particles and debris from the surface;
- put a layer of impregnation from a proprietary bottle on a dry cleaned filter and leave for 10-15 minutes to completely soak the fabric;
- Now nulevik is lowered into a container with water at room temperature and is caress in it
- removed from the tank and placed under a weak flowing stream of water for flushing;
- excess water should be shaken off and put the device on a short drying;
- after that the filter can be installed in place.
You need to know that drying with a hair dryer or similar intensive devices is not allowed.
Cleaning under running water
The average mileage between maintenance is 8-10 thousand kilometers. If the operating conditions of the car involve traveling on dusty roads, the mileage is reduced to 4-5 thousand kilometers.See also: Tightening the bolts of the cylinder head
For WFSA, there are about two dozen wash cycles. Further, it is recommended to replace the filter of zero resistance with a new one.
The approximate price of the product in the stores ranges from 500 to 3,500 rubles excluding the cost of impregnation. Not all car owners are willing to pay a rather big price for such an additional device. Therefore, craftsmen make a filter of zero resistance with their own hands in garage conditions. Most often, the “VAZ” classic or the model “old Muscovites” acts as an experimental car.
- Step 1. Cut the filter cover to the diameter
- Step 2. Customize the filter cover to the size
- Step 3. We clean the edges on sandpaper
- Step 3. We measure and adjust the size
- Step 4. Preparing the filter
- Step 5. We cut off the unnecessary intake pipe
- Step 5. We clean the edges
- Step 6. Mount on the engine
As improvised materials are used regular filters and body parts of automobile air systems. Alteration is carried out with the help of grinders, emery, file and hard work. Operating conditions are approximately the same as for branded products. But installation on the car of such details is carried out at your own peril and risk. No irreversible changes in the design are carried out at the same time, therefore, if desired, everything can be returned to its original position with the “native” filters without damage.