What is not taught in a driving school
The newly minted drivers license immediately grab the keys and hit the road. But often such drivers with minimal experience face great difficulties on the road. While driving courses are completed with a positive result, some useful tips for novice drivers will help to preserve driving safety skills. This will help protect yourself, your passengers and those on the road with you.
The irony is that novice drivers underestimate the importance of theoretical training and think that if they have a driver's license, they don’t need theoretical driving tips. We suggest you view a tips rating for a novice driver to help avoid common mistakes on the go.
Special sign novice driver
First time without an instructor - keep everything under control
So, the first time you get behind the wheel of a car without an instructor. Not surprisingly, you will most likely be afraid. This is a normal feeling that accompanies every novice driver, because driving a car is not so easy. If you feel that you are not ready for self-driving, it is better to leave your first trip for later. Get into the wheel for the first time on your own only when you are ready.
If you want to travel safely and efficiently on the road, as well as not constitute an obstacle to other road users, you need to constantly think about what you are doing. You should be focused on driving, keep your eyes open and foresee what you will do in the next few minutes.
Video on driving inexperienced drivers on the road:
Читать далее о лучших советах начинающим водителям-->
- Do not hurry. Low speed will give you more time to respond to unforeseen circumstances. Do not be discouraged if other drivers overtake you. Even if you are driving too slowly, in their opinion, you have the right to do so. This speed is especially important when performing any maneuvers. Keep in mind that some of the obstacles are so low that they cannot be seen through a car window.
- On the way, keep determination and confidence.. You cannot afford a moment of hesitation. If it takes a long time to overtake or take a turn, over time you will learn how to correctly estimate the distance.
And remember, sitting behind the wheel of a car, you assume a great responsibility not only for yourself, but also for other road users, who are with you on the road.
Tactics of behavior in unfamiliar situations
Practical tips for novice drivers are ideal for getting the most experience. The rating of tips for novice drivers includes some tactics that help learn how to handle various situations on the road.
- Proactive tactics - tips for planning for the future when you know what awaits you at the wheel
- Responsive tactics - useful tips for novice drivers on the road, when you have time to think things over
- Reactive tactics - hints when you find yourself in difficult situations under great pressure
Beginners and inexperienced drivers should be careful the first time on the road.
Always plan and plan your entire known route in advance. Check the map if necessary and mentally draw the best route that suits your abilities. For example, it is better to travel bypass roads longer than going to the main streets at rush hour. Be sure to prepare the car before you go.
Use navigation technologies on the road if you have them and if they can help you. Set yourself more time on the road, do not rush.
Practice maneuvers in your mind when a difficult situation is to be overcome. For example, if you have to turn left at a major traffic light, mentally rehearse this situation.
You can review and plan your proposed route in advance.
Here is a rating of tips for a novice driver before you go.
Before the start of the journey
Tips for a novice driver will be useful even before you go on the road. Before you start, check that:
- You are comfortable to sit
- Your mirrors are properly tuned.
- You are wearing a seat belt
- Light and sound signals are working
- Serviceable braking system
Mirrors are very important elements of any car. It is thanks to him that the driver has eyes in the back of the car. Proper installation is absolutely necessary and very important. Remember, you need to install them when you are sitting in the driver's seat!
Before starting to move it is very important to adjust the mirrors
Rear-view mirrors (center)
They should be located so that the largest area is visible. This will allow the driver to assess what is happening in the center behind him. The inner mirror should show what you cannot see using the right and left mirrors.
Right mirror должно быть расположено так, чтобы видеть заднюю часть автомобиля (около 20%) и часть пути.
Left mirror (водительское) должно показывать водителю всю ширину дороги и кусок своей машины (примерно 25%).
Use seat belts
This is another tip that may seem extremely obvious, but many people do not take it into account. Any advice from experienced drivers indicates the mandatory use of seat belts. It has been scientifically proven to help prevent injuries from an accident. Secondly, not using a belt is a crime on the roads of our country. Discounts for new cars! Profitable loan from 9.9% installments 0% adom.ru and entails a fine. Remember, he can save your life.
All drivers should use seat belts.
Get behind the wheel correctly
Sit up straight but relaxed. Put your left hand on the wheel for 10 hours and your right hand for 2 hours. Hold the steering wheel with all your fingers. Avoid very tight grip, because your palms are not as sensitive as your fingers.
It is necessary to comfortably and correctly get behind the wheel
Check brake performance
Before leaving, be sure to check the effectiveness of the brakes. Start the engine and start moving slowly. Then press the brakes to a full stop - you should feel the friction. Such a procedure should not take a lot of time.
If the brake resistance is too weak or the vehicle continues to roll despite braking, this may indicate that the brake system is defective. It is forbidden to go on such a car.
Brake system is one of the most important safety features.
Learn to anticipate the situation on the road. Maintain space around your car. In other words, keep a distance from the vehicle in front. Look at three to five cars ahead. This will help you anticipate their stopping, slowing down, looping and other changes in traffic on the roadway.
Check your rearview mirrors about every ten seconds. This will help anticipate the danger that is approaching from behind. Breathe slowly and deeply, relax your neck, shoulders and arms - this helps to think more clearly and drive smoothly. Take note of situations that are a little different than what you have already experienced. Constantly practice them in your mind.
Video tips for novice and inexperienced drivers:
Below are tips for novice drivers on the road.
On the road
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel
Such tips for a novice driver are fairly simple, but many new drivers face certain problems. Distraction of drivers of all ages during the journey reaches the scale of the epidemic. This is especially true of young and inexperienced drivers. Stay alert on the go.
Today, more and more people spend a lot of time in vehicles. Thus, they often try to maximize driving time by combining it with other activities that often have tragic consequences. remember, that driving is not a multifunctional task. It requires full attention from the driver.
Do not be distracted behind the wheel
Do not turn on the radio too loud.
Everyone loves to listen to their favorite music while driving. It helps to pass the time on long journeys, as well as to get pleasure at short distances. However, listening to music while driving can be very dangerous. Useful tips for novice drivers include the rule not to be distracted by switching the radio and limit its volume.
Music in the car can distract and relax the driver too much.
Turn your mobile phone on silent mode
In today's world, everyone is connected to a wireless network. Email, phone calls, music - today's mobile phones are multimedia mini stations. However, research has shown that trying to send a text message while driving is as dangerous as drunk driving. Silent mode is the easiest way to avoid distraction from a message or call. If you really need to use your phone in an emergency, pull over to the side of the road or stop at a gas station. Never talk on the phone while driving.
It is strictly forbidden to use the phone while driving.
Try to ride not only in the evening or morning hours. Safe driving skills are especially important for demonstrations at rush hour.
Try to avoid abrupt use of brakes or steering.. A sudden stop or rearrangement, jerking the steering wheel to the right and left, pressing the brake pedal can cause the car to skid, after which it can actually be on the oncoming lane or in a ditch. You can avoid unpleasant surprises if your driving is smooth and all maneuvers are consistent.
It is important to ask noisy passengers that they were calm, because it prevents you from concentrating on the road. This tip applies especially to children in the car. If the alarm level is really high, look for a safe place to stop.
At peak times, an inexperienced driver should be especially careful.
Rating of basic tips for novice drivers
By driving on country roads
If your driving experience is more concerned with suburban or urban areas, you may be surprised at the difference in driving along country roads.
Here are some recommendations that are included in the ranking of tips for novice drivers on country roads:
- Overtaking on country roads is very different from overtaking in the city - we are talking about high speeds and winding roads. Having decided to overtake, make sure that this maneuver is safe. If you have some doubts, it is better to stay where you are.
- Remember, the left lane of the multi-lane highway is intended only for overtaking.
- If you are driving on dirt roads, choose the optimal speed, which will help you feel comfortable.
- Movement on country roads, as a rule, covers long distances. Valuable advice to drivers on a long journey include the rule of a rested driver and regular stops.
- Be careful on country roads, especially if you see road signs warning that there are wild animals that can suddenly get on the road.
Riding in the countryside requires no less concentration.
Driving at night
Night driving is different from day driving in some serious ways. Unfortunately, our country's driving schools do not oblige you to drive a minimum number of hours at night as a student, so the advice of experienced drivers to drive at night will be necessary.
Below is a rating of tips for a novice driver to improve visibility and ability to drive a car at night.
- Before you go out at night, make sure that all external lights work correctly (front and rear, brake lights, high beam) and make sure that your windows and lights are clean (inside and outside). Dirty windows can add glare and reduce visibility on the road, and dirty headlights can significantly reduce efficiency.
- Avoid the use of high beams - it reduces the ability to see the road and can blind other drivers.
- Adjust the rear-view mirrors to avoid the reflection of the headlights behind the driving cars.
- Watch for flashes of light - at the top of the mountain, at road bends and intersections, which may indicate the headlights of other cars.
- Driving at night requires a lot of concentration, which can quickly tire. To prevent fatigue, take frequent breaks for your eyes.
Using driving lights at night can blind oncoming traffic.
For novice women drivers
Rating tips for novice drivers for women, in principle, the same as for male novices. First of all, before driving,
- Need a good rest.
- Have an idea about the car, behind the wheel of which you want to sit down - the gearbox (manual or automatic), how the clutch works, brakes, how to shift gears, especially reverse gear.
- Even if you are sitting in the passenger seat, watch the movements of the driver - his experience will be a good lesson in the future.
- Practice moving smoothly.
- Before you start the car, put it in neutral.
- Before braking or before turning, never miss the opportunity to look in the rearview mirror to check the distance to another car.
- Observe traffic lights, rules and keep your distance. Do not change often a lane and do not do sharp turns a wheel.
- Do not attempt to shift gears too often. Try to maintain the selected speed depending on the state of the road.
You can not learn to swim, reading a book, you can not learn all the driving skills, reading these tips. But compiled rating tips for a novice driver will soon help to get real pleasure from driving. Are you a young driver or have a lot of experience in driving? Share your tips with us.