Often, the purchase of a new car in the cabin of the official representative may not always be a guarantee of the integrity and novelty of the car. That is, in the case of requesting a purchase at a popular dealer’s salon, it is necessary to carefully examine the selected car for its integrity and completeness. Do not be afraid to be picky to the details, because the car is worth a decent amount of money and must meet all the necessary requirements and meet the characteristics of the new car. These methods will let you know if the car has been repaired and whether parts of the car have been repainted.
Mandatory inspection of a new car
- it is necessary to look around the vehicle thoroughly, carefully inspect the entire surface and exclude the presence of any scratches or chips. Also inspect the possible gaps between the body panels. All clearances should be the same, but if you see some discrepancy, then most likely it means that the part has been removed and has already been unsuccessfully installed again in the service, which in turn means that this car has been repaired. And for what new car repairs, I ask? The answer follows itself;
- check the movement and closing of doors: all sorts of creaking sounds or fuzziness make you think about reliability and integrity;
- note the tightness of the sealed seams of the body. In the service, no one, even the most professional master can perfectly apply sealant, but the factory version, on the contrary, has perfect accuracy: a uniform layer of sealant, the same thickness, uniform texture;
- before going to the salon, it is also worthwhile to foresee the presence of such a device as a thickness gauge, which will show you the presence of the thickness of the paintwork of the body. That is, this device will be able to identify the possible fact of repainting body parts and thus shows a broken car, after repair or not;
- It is also necessary to pay special attention to the inspection of the so-called hidden places, where they very rarely drop in and where repair traces are not so diligent. For example, inspect the engine compartment space.
You have to take into account that the car you have chosen may be damaged during transportation or have hidden defects, there are also known cases of selling test and exhibition samples under the guise of new cars and remember that you can submit your claims only before signing the purchase agreement therefore, you should either carefully diagnose the condition of the car with your own power or invite an experienced specialist to help you correctly evaluate the new car.