Gradually, but steadily, on the Russian roads, the old order is being replaced by new rules that are more in line with world experience. Permitted car tinting, which continues to be a popular option for tuning them, is no exception.
According to the law, the President and the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation can drive in a fully tinted car today. For the rest of the citizens, the dimming of glasses in their vehicles operated in Russia must be carried out in accordance with certain rules.
- What tinting is allowed on the windshield and other car windows: understand the regulations
- Why in the new GOST reduced the allowed percentage of tinting on the front windows?
- Permitted tinting car windows: what is possible and what is not?
- Athermal toning: allowed or not?
What tinting is allowed on the windshield and other car windows: understand the regulations
Until the beginning of last year, the requirements for tinting (more precisely, to the light transmittance) of auto glass contained GOST 5727-88 "Safety glass for ground transportation." Since the beginning of the 90s, four changes have been made to it. The last of them came into force since 2002. It established the following requirements for the transmission of autoglasses:
- The coefficient of light transmission of windshields of motor vehicles and trams shall not be less than 75%. Note 1: The windshield in the upper part could have a light barrier. GOST 5727-88 contained a formula for calculating its width. Usually it turned out to be no wider than 15 cm, but the formula took into account, besides the work of the janitors, also the boundaries of the regulatory zones, as well as the viewing angles for the driver under different driving conditions.
- light transmission of windscreens included in the so-called. "Regulatory field of view P," in particular the front door glass, should not be less than 70%;
- light transmission of other non-windshield is not standardized.
Since 01.012015 a new GOST32565-2013 has come into effect under the same name. What is the allowed tinted front windows in 2016? GOST32565 somewhat weakened the requirements for the magnitude of their coefficient of light transmission, reducing its lower threshold from 75 to 70%. This change legitimizes the very popular practice of windshield tinting in recent years with transparent or colored athermal films (see below).
The requirements of the new GOST for the transmission of windshields are duplicated and in the technical regulations of the Customs Union (CU), which came into force in the territory of the Russian Federation in February 2015, bearing the title “On the safety of wheeled vehicles”. What is the allowed tinted front windows in 2016 according to this document? The minimum of their light transmission is set to the same 70%, i.e. new GOST and technical regulations of the vehicle in this matter agreed.
It should be emphasized once again that athermal toning does not attenuate the visible part of the incident light. Therefore, to obscure the back seat of the car through it will not work. There can not do without the curtains on the rear windshield and rear windows.
Is athermal toning permitted in the RF? After the release of the new GOST, you can confidently say that yes, it is allowed. After all, in clause 3.4 it contains the definition of a so-called. "Safe light-heat-shielding glass" with a polymer coating that can attenuate the infrared portion of sunlight. And what is this, if not athermal toning?
A kind of athermal, but with a variable degree of reflection of heat and UV radiation (in a bright sun is stronger, on an overcast day - weaker), is the so-called. tinting "chameleon". Is it allowed or not? The answer is unequivocal. If the coefficient of light transmission of the glass + “chameleon” film is not lower than 70%, then everything is all right, there should be no complaints about the DPS.
Summarizing all the above, you can answer the question: “What tinting is allowed according to GOST in 2016?”, Give the following answer - any tinting that corresponds to GOST 32565-2013 and technical regulations of the Customs Union, except for creating a mirror effect, is allowed.