Кто из нас не хочет иногда отдалиться от суеты и уехать за пределы города, чтобы отдохнуть наедине с природой. Многие мужчины предпочитают охоту или рыбалку. Как известно, такие хобби требуют определённого снаряжения и инвентаря. Кроме этого, немаловажную роль играет автомобиль, который будет использоваться для этих целей. Не все знают о том, каким критериям авто для охоты и рыбалки должно соответствовать, чтобы владелец смог получить максимальное удовольствие от такого времяпрепровождения.Читать дальше о том, как правильно выбрать автомобиль для охоты и рыбалки-->
Types of SUVs
Obviously, hunting and fishing cars should have some advantages over ordinary city cars. We are talking about SUVs that have high levels of throughput and power. There are models of cars that are similar to these SUVs, but do not have all of their characteristics.
It is not necessary to refer to the group of SUVs all the "big" cars. Modern manufacturers produce such models of SUVs, which are popularly called “SUVs”. They are not designed to control in extreme conditions. Say, during bad weather or a short difficult-to-pass stretch of road, they will cope completely, but in the swamp or in the countryside you risk just getting stuck on such a car. Among the main disadvantages of "SUV":
- In these cars there is no frame, so they have low power when working on low gears;
- The installed dependent suspension turns control in extreme conditions into something impossible;
- Iron horse should be equipped with all-wheel drive.
Higher throughput has so-called universal off-road vehicles. They are much safer and more comfortable than the previous version. Also, universal SUVs do not have the above disadvantages of SUVs.
Unfortunately, these cars are not the best helpers to hunt. Most often, the engine in universal off-road vehicles does not have enough power to easily cope with impassable terrain. Also, manufacturers rarely equip cars with a system that protects the motor from water hammer.
Of course, a professional SUV will be the best choice for lovers of hunting and fishing in extreme conditions. These cars have the advantages of universal options, only have a more powerful engine (in some cases so powerful that it will help you climb the steepest slope from the deepest pit), ground clearance, and also the steering linkage. It is worth emphasizing that only in the conditions of complete absence of the road, one can be sure of how a professional SUV meets all the requirements.
The only advantage of versatile SUVs and SUVs over professional ones is that they are much more affordable. Here you have to decide - if your favorite place of hunting or fishing is not too far from the road or a normal road, then less expensive options for SUVs or station wagons are quite suitable for this.
Discounts for new cars! Profitable loan from 9.9% installments 0% adom.ru
Requirements for SUVs
When choosing the optimal variant of the car for hunting and fishing, it is necessary to ensure that it meets the minimum requirements of an SUV. Otherwise, you risk to buy a simple passenger car that can not cope even with a minimal obstacle. What is the first thing to pay attention to? Here are some basic criteria:
- Practicality. First of all, you need to worry that there is enough space in the car for everything. If we are talking about hunting or fishing, then surely among the luggage there will be tackles, dishes, burning for a fire, a shed, sleeping bags, weapons, warm or waterproof clothing, and so on. And the same thing you have to drive back. Therefore, a spacious and roomy trunk is a must.
- Easy to maintain. As you know, not even the most expensive and reliable car can last forever, and sooner or later breakdowns occur. When choosing a car for hunting and fishing, you must be sure that with minor breakdowns you will be able to eliminate them on the road and continue your journey.
- Reliability. A car for driving in extreme conditions must be reliable and must have such power sufficient to conquer any bumps and holes. You should also be sure that it does not stall somewhere in the forest or in the field.
- Cost This parameter also needs special attention. Please note that this car will soon be completely dirty in the mud, it will smell of fire and fish. Therefore, to give him a very large amount is simply unwise. Choose the most inexpensive option, but only one that will meet all your requirements.
As for the cost of such a car, then get ready for the fact that it may well exceed even $ 30,000. But, as practice shows, such cars look quite acceptable on urban roads. You can also buy a good supported car. So you will save your money without losing the quality and characteristics of the machine. For example, if the car is not more than 10 years old, it will cope well with bad roads and meet the requirements stated for the new car.
Technical characteristics of off-road vehicles
When you have decided on the basic requirements, you need to go to the technical parameters of the car. Here are the main characteristics of cars for fishing and hunting, which need special attention:
- Four-wheel drive. It's no secret that the presence of all-wheel drive - a prerequisite for an SUV. You will never get out of a pit or swamp only on the rear or only on the front drive. Four-wheel drive - the first indicator of a professional SUV. Without it, the car can be considered just a tuned car. Otherwise, you run the risk of encountering problems associated with the call of additional emergency equipment in the forest;
- Security. Pay attention to the design of the car. Consider that plastic parts (for example, a bumper) fly off at the exit from the road. Therefore, the design of an SUV should be as simple and safe as possible. If you are not sure that there will be no breakage in the wiring or construction due to the manufacturer’s fault, it is better to refuse to purchase such a model;
- Dimensions. The capacity of the car plays one of the key values. And it's not just how many things or people you can take with you - a bigger car will feel much more confident in the absence of pavement;
- Air conditioning. Do not neglect this device. Of course, almost all modern car manufacturers equip them with air conditioning, but still there are still models without them. Air conditioning will help you avoid freezing in the winter and escape the heat in the summer;
- Shock absorbers. Shock absorbers for a professional SUV are almost crucial, since they are simply necessary when driving off-road. Otherwise, the driver and passengers will “hard” feel all the bumps in the road.
Today there are many manufacturers and models that can be safely recommended as a car for hunting and fishing. For example, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover Defender, Toyota Land Cruiser 200 and even UAZ Patriot. Here is a matter of taste of each car enthusiast separately. If you already have experience in choosing an SUV for hunting and fishing, and you know what else you should pay attention to when buying, share comments under this article.