The emergence of new legislation relating to road transport, forcing drivers to follow the changes in the regulatory framework. At the same time it is necessary to ensure compliance of your vehicle with the established technical characteristics described in the mandatory regulatory documents. It is also important to know where to pass inspection, because without it you will not be able to get the insurance policy.
The procedure for checking the condition of the car is mandatory for each legal car owned by a private or legal person. Traditionally, the question of when to pass the inspection, excites motorists no more than once a year. But it is necessary to monitor the situation in a timely manner, as it may change.
- 1 General data
- 2 Need for a diagnostic map
- 3 Periodic inspection
- 4 Documentary question
- 5 Financial side of the issue
Under the technical inspection of the vehicle is usually meant to monitor the technical condition of the vehicle for compliance with its operational and design parameters. This procedure refers to the mandatory actions and is carried out when it is necessary to admit a car to full participation in traffic.
Thanks to the timely and regular inspection, supplemented by diagnostic measures with the machine, it is possible to confirm its safety. In the process of checking, it is possible to identify possible critical faults that the owner is obliged to eliminate in order to obtain a permit for the further operation of the vehicle.
Observing the frequency of technical inspection of cars, you should pay attention to the operators who carry out the test cars. They must have a complete list of necessary devices and systems for a complete and comprehensive technical diagnostics. The equipment of the station, conducting maintenance, implies the presence of the following tools:
- diagnostic benches and systems for monitoring the operation of the brake system, including checking for tightness and overall performance;
- compulsory checks include the determination of the satisfactory operation of the steering mechanism, and the compliance of the admissibility of the total play with the help of testers mounted on the steering wheel;
- the station should have a section with the appropriate equipment, providing diagnostics of light devices, so that they do not blind oncoming cars and provide visibility within the established limits for the driver;
- tires are being diagnosed, as they have a direct impact on safe driving;
- the list of mandatory work gets monitoring emissions of exhaust gases into the atmosphere with the help of modern smoke meters or gas analyzers that detect the correct operation of the power plant;
- STO employees check the light transmission ability of glasses for compliance with the established parameters, etc.
The need for a diagnostic map
One of the recent innovations is the introduction of such a document as a diagnostic map. It is an A4 sheet, grafted under a table and made up in duplicate. The page contains up-to-date information about this vehicle, regarding its technical condition and the possibility of current operation
One of the copies of the document is kept by the expert responsible for diagnostic activities for at least three years, although the time required for passing the inspection may be less. The second copy, certified by the decrypted signature, is sent to the vehicle owner. There is also a third copy, which is filled out in electronic form and is assigned an individual serial number.See also: Do I need a technical inspection on a new car?
The electronic form is sent to the information integrated automated database. It must be kept there for at least five years. If the diagnostic card for a new car or an old vehicle for any reason has become physically unusable or is lost, then it is necessary to contact the relevant service to the technical operator to restore the document. Employees responsible for storage are required to provide a duplicate on the day of treatment.
It is important to know that from 2014, drivers do not need to pay state fees for receiving the original diagnostic card and for issuing its duplicate.
The diagnostic card is the only document confirming the permission to use the car, determining its compliance with the established technical requirements. An authorized employee of the workshop in the process of registration of this document must specify the validity of the inspection for CTP without repeated maintenance. It also describes the identified and eliminated faults, if any.
Определяя, how much is valid for OSAGO, необходимо учитывать, что оформлять обязательную страховку автовладелец имеет право даже в последний день действительности карты. Предъявлять ДК во время оформления ОСАГО необходимо обязательно для большинства авто, в противном случае страховая компания вправе отказать водителю в выдаче полиса.
It should be borne in mind that there is no need to undergo additional inspection after buying a car from the previous owner. The relevance of the technical condition on the basis of the maintenance carried out is maintained for all owners for the period specified in the document. This is complemented by the fact that the unique VIN-number of the car fits into the diagnostic card.
Previously, old tickets were made with the introduction of serious degrees of protection. Now this action is not relevant, since all information relating to this issue is in electronic databases and is not deleted for at least 5 years.
Before making a CTP insurance company specialist insurance has the ability to quickly verify the authenticity of the card remotely. Also, there is no need to undergo repeated maintenance if the DC is lost. The document is restored as a duplicate based on information from the electronic database.
Each card has a personal non-repeating number, which consists of 15 or of 21 characters. It is these that are entered for authentication.
The main document regulating the frequency of service and the interval of the diagnostic card, is the Federal Law №170-ФЗ. The second part of Article 15 of the regulatory document specifies the clarifying list of the CU and the need for their verification. In particular, it regulates how many years the technical inspection of a new car should be carried out.
According to the law, it is worth contacting the workshop to check the technical condition in the following cases:
- cars that came off the conveyor no later than 3 years ago do not need to carry out maintenance for 2018;
- if the vehicle is more than 3 years from the date of manufacture, but less than 7 years, then it is necessary to contact a certified station for condition monitoring once every two years;
- to receive a completed diagnostic card for private cars over 7 years old, used for personal purposes; car owners are obliged at least once a year;
- for vehicles engaged in passenger transport on a regular basis, the cabin of which can hold no more than 7 passengers + driver must apply for maintenance inspection twice a year.
It should be borne in mind that there is a regulation on other transport. The following vehicles are subject to annual checks:
- cars involved in training future drivers;
- trucks with a mass of more than 3.5 tons;
- cars equipped with special signals.
More stringent standards with semi-annual maintenance are established for such road users:
- passenger taxi;
- buses of all types, including city and intercity;
- trucks equipped for the transport of people with more than 8 passengers;
- special transport for the movement of dangerous goods, including trailers.
To eliminate the identified faults the car owner has a strictly regulated time interval. Legislation obliges within 20 days to eliminate the discrepancies identified during maintenance.
The diagnostic card helps to determine the timing of the subsequent technical inspection with an accuracy of one day, and not up to a month, as indicated in the documents earlier. For each type and category of auto frequency is determined by the standards.
Technical inspection should be carried out in the presence of relevant documents certifying the owner and the vehicle itself. These include:
- car owner's passport;
- driver's license;
- certificate of registration and Title on the car;
- when the car is driven not by the owner, then a power of attorney is required to carry out the operation and a copy of the owner’s documents.
The result of the check is entered in the report of the diagnostic card The severity of the inspection due to the considerable responsibility for a possible accident. When a traffic accident occurs due to a car malfunction that was not detected during maintenance, then the damage compensation is passed on to the operator who carried out the inspection.
The financial side of the issue
The highest cost of maintenance is established by the Federal Tariff Service. In today's conditions of 2018, the maximum value for a car is limited to 958 rubles. The average price tag in cities roughly corresponds to 700 rubles. for auto category B.
You need to know that the value of the tariff is influenced by the region and type of vehicle. The boundary maximum value is set by the regional authorities. The largest price tag on large trucks is limited to 1,510–1630 rubles.
You should not carry a diagnostic card with you in the car, since you don’t need to present it to the staff of the road inspection. It is enough for them to demonstrate the policy of CTP.