Every driver knows that in the operation of the car there are no irrelevant details All elements of the construction of the machine are interrelated, and affect the durability of the use of the vehicle and the safety of the driver with passengers. This also applies to rubber. It is important to make the correct selection of rubber for the brand of car, in order not only to not worsen the characteristics, but also to increase the stability, controllability and predictability of the car's behavior on the road.
It is desirable to choose tires not only by formal signs, but also taking into account the recommendations of automakers. Each car brand has its own design and operational features, it is also important to consider when choosing tires for your car.
- 1 How to determine the necessary data for tires
- 2 Selection by external characteristics
- 3 Price factor
- 4 Accurate selection of tires
- 5 Selection of rubber performance
- 6 Tips for using tires
How to determine the necessary data for tires
Experienced car owners know where to find the right data for car tires. Characteristics entered in the manualand also on the inserts in the vehicle itself. One of these plates can be seen when opening the driver's door, at the front of the body.
Finnish car tires
Information in order to choose the right tires for a car brand can be located inside cover fuel tank. There, in addition to the grades of permissible combustible material, recommended parameters of autoresin are sometimes indicated. In the cabin when you open the glove compartment is a bright information label with the table. There may also be acceptable dimensions for car tires.
You need to know that when using recommended by the tire manufacturer, the driver operates the car and receives the design parameters and modes of operation of all components and mechanisms laid down by engineers in the design and manufacture of the vehicle.
Selection by external characteristics
If there are no other data on the required tire size, then you can be guided by external properties, which include the total width of the profile, the height from the edge of the disk and the bore diameter of the rim slots.
This information, as the main, is applied to the side of the outer tire. Each parameter is entered in its own units:
- width given in millimeters;
- height profile is usually denoted as a percentage of the width;
- diameter The fit of the tire on the rim is not in the metric system, but in inches.
As an example, in order to pick up tires by brand of car, we can take the information R16 215/60:
- 16 – наружный diameter обода для посадки шины в дюймах (1 дюйм – 2,54 см);
- 215 – width шины в мм;
- 60 percent ratio of height to width, i.e. approximately 215x60 / 100 = 129 mm tire will rise above the rim.
Latin letter "R" means radial tire design. Almost all modern tires are manufactured using this technology. There is also diagonal construction, but such products are less efficient in operation, have a weak resource, adds fuel consumption.See also: Spacers for increasing the overhang of the rim with their own hands
При установке резины с большим, чем рекомендует производитель, diameterом может происходить трение колеса об элементы подвески либо корпуса авто. Это дополнительно изнашивает колесо и снижает пробег до замены. Хотя немного повышается «проходимость» и в автомобиле растет клиренс, но силовая установка теряет в мощности, повышается расход топлива, усиливается износ не рассчитанных на такую эксплуатацию деталей.
pros low profile rubber:
- car "thinner" responds to management;
- at high speed the car does not swing;
- higher efficiency of use of power plant.
Minuses low profile rubber:
- poor quality pavement is contraindicated, as there will be "bumps" or rubber bursts on sharp holes;
- the cost is higher than other types of rubber;
- due to the smaller volume of air in the cylinder, more often it is required to resume, especially in the cold season;
- the suspension seems tougher than with a high profile.
Low profile tires
Installation of wide tires as well as high, has positive and negative consequences.
pros wide tires:
- increased contact patch with the coating;
- the vehicle has the best directional stability;
- there is a more effective braking and "moving off" from the spot.
Minuses wide tires:
- increased fuel consumption;
- reduced driving speed;
- higher cost of the product.
Wide tires are suitable for cars with a power higher than average, and also with sufficient gift space.
Types of tires
Do not save on tires. By purchasing high quality wheels, the car owner does not receive a financial expense, but an indirect income in the form of high performance:
- expensive tires have less weight than cheap ones;
- price / durability ratio speaks in favor of expensive wheels;
- expensive tires reduce fuel consumption;
- have less stopping power;
- reduced noise level;
- car is better controlled.
Accurate selection of tires
The choice of rubber on the brand of the car should be carried out based on the following parameters:
- vehicle brand;
- car model;
- the country that produced this car;
- date of manufacture of the car.
When choosing the right rubber, you will need to know:
- tire model and their manufacturer;
- labeling size;
- allowable load and speed index;
- view and tread pattern.
Selection of rubber performance
To choose the right tires for the brand of car, you must consider the conditions in which they will be used. After all, nobody has invented universal wheels for absolutely all types of roads and seasons. therefore have to buy several sets for all occasions.
- summer - tires installed on cars in the warm season (above +5C), with excellent wear resistance, providing sufficient adhesion to the road surface;
- winter - used on snowy or icy roads in the cold season, can be additionally equipped with metal spikes;
- all season - partially possess the characteristics of summer and winter types of tires, however, apart from the merits they tolerate the disadvantages of summer to winter (relative rigidity, etc.), and winter to summer (noise, relatively fast wear, etc.);
- universal - used on different types of pavements: asphalt, concrete, dirt road; most in demand in SUVs, although they are lagging behind in characteristics strictly seasonal;
- cross-country - due to the use of special rubber used in off-road conditions or sandy soil, they are not recommended for hard pavement, as the profile is rapidly deteriorating.
Winter studded tires
It is important to choose the seasonality and size of tires. On this depends not only the quality of operation of the car, but also the safety of the driver and passengers. Using summer tires in winter can lead to accidents. Their hard rubber increases the stopping distance of the car and reduces its handling on an icy surface.
The use of winter slopes in the summer, leads to rapid wear rubber and also changes the length of the stopping distance. Additionally, in the cabin heard a constant rumble at speeds above average.
Low-profile wheels increase the car’s handling, but you have to pay for this by reducing the comfort in the cabin, as each bump begins to feel. Also increases the load on the operating suspension units, which reduces its stable operation life.
When choosing a high profile, the permeability is increased, the sensitivity to low-quality coating decreases. Instead, the driver loses the edge of control. A wide tire helps to quickly accelerate the car, but additionally "eats up" the fuel and increases the stopping distance, and this leads to a deterioration in important safety characteristics.
The right decision will be to adhere to the “golden mean” in order not to increase some characteristics by reducing others. It is also important to consider the character and driving style of each driver. By folding these features you can find the perfect rubber for your car.